rFUniverse is a multi-modal, physics-based, object-centric, manipulation-oriented simulation environment developed upon Unity. The reason why the naming convention is slightly different from other rf- ecosystem software is because the name of the major developer of rFUniverse project happens to be FU.
Unity itself is a multi-purposed software, which is known for developing multiple complex games. We believe in a rather long run, it can support our need. rFUniverse is developed on ML-Agents but with significant extentions. After all, we do not aims to merely use it for RL training.
- Create Environment Via Configuration File or Simple Parameter Tuning.
- Compatible with multiple Robot Arms, Hands, Sensors (including tactile).
- Domain Randomization.
- High quality rendering supported.
- Gym-like interface for RL algorithms, stable baseline3 is specifically supported.
- Integrated Motion Planning with RFPlanner.
- Integrated with Taichi.
- Multiple 3D-related tools.
- Realsense Camera supported.
- VR/AR supported.